Saturday, June 4, 2011

Amsterdam!

Well hey there,

We safely arrived in Amsterdam yesterday evening. We got all checked in and then headed into town, our hotel is on the outskirts of town so it was about a ten minute walk to the tram station and a thrity minute ride into town. Once in town, we visited the Anne Frank museum which was really cool to see but at the same time really, really, really, sad. I can't imagine hiding there with no sunlight and no fresh air for two years! It blows my mind. Amsterdam is more of a city and lots of less to look at. Its so wierd that weed is legal here, its everywhere! Today, we are going to visit the red light district - I've heard its pretty interesting to see. I'm not really sure I'd say interesting, probably more like SAD but we will see.

Um, we are also visiting the Van Gogh museum today which should be fun and also the I am Amsterdam sign. I wish I could upload pictures to show you guys but I cannot! There is also a huge flee market here that we are going to check out. We have two whole free days here with absolutely nothing scheduled so we should have some down time which will be good because we are both exhausted. Twenty five days of traveling will do that to ya - man on man, ten more days. As amazing this is, I think I need one day of just sleep. I swear the long bus rides just drain the life out of me. Not complaining though, its VERY worth it.

Thats all for now. We get wifi here and will be here a few days so I will keep ya posted (hahaha no pun intended)!

No comments:

Post a Comment